We value privacy
We take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This policy is designed to describe the personal information we collect, how we protect it and what we do with it.
From time to time, we may need to change this policy. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our Platform and it will apply to all of your information held by us at the time.
1. Personal information about visitors to our Platform is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
3. As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include: submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, and options on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
What personal information do we collect?
5. We may collect current and historical personal information including, but not limiting to, information about your:
• contact details
• identification details including Medicare number (under the Human Services (Medicare) Act) and Healthcare Identifier (under the Healthcare Identifiers Act)
• payment details
• preferences in respect of our services and health products services
• enquiry/complaint details
• transactions and communications with us and using our platform
• health insurance details
• next of kin, emergency contacts and nominated representatives.
6. If you have engaged a health care provider using our Platform, then we may record that process and the health care provider may collect information relevant to your session, including information and opinions regarding your health condition, treatments and allergies. Background information about you and your family may also be collected where provided voluntarily or relevant to your engagement, and this may include information about your lifestyle, work, relationships, ethnic background, religion, beliefs, sexual preference/activity and genetic information. Personal information from your national eHealth record may also be collected in accordance with the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records Act – see myhealthrecord.gov.au for further details.
7. Personal information is collected pursuant to Federal and State health laws including those mentioned above and the National Health Act.
8. If you engage with us as a health care provider, we may also collect information about your skills, qualifications and experience.
Credit Card Details
9. Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
10. By providing us any record relates to your medical history, you unequivocally authorised us to disclose to a third party for the purpose of analysis, providing advice, or similar services.
11. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
12. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
13. We may exchange your personal information with our related bodies corporate, your and our representatives, your family members (where appropriate), health care providers and our service providers. Our service providers include providers of archival, auditing (including quality assurance in relation to health care providers using our platform), accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, document management, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website or technology services.
14. In relation to electronic prescriptions or referrals, we may exchange your personal information with pharmacists or health care providers, respectively.
15. We may also exchange personal information with Medicare, health insurers and any party funding your health services in relation to matters such as claims, cover and billing.
16. Where you have an eHealth record under the national system, your health care providers may contribute your personal information to the operator of that system.
17. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our app or sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
18. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
19. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
20. IP Addresses
Our app or web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
21. Cookies and Applets
Access to Information
22. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
23. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
24. We may provide links to Web sites outside of our app or web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR)
25. For European users, we endeavour to comply with the GDPR, wherever possible. Pursuant to the GDPR, you have the additional right to be forgotten to our system. Please note that we are responsible for any form of data loss or information loss wherein this right has been requested by you to the extent that the GDPR specified. Please refer to the GDPR website the details www.eugdpr.org. If you have any questions regarding your data under the GDPR, please contact us on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Problems or questions
27. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.